Unit 149 (WUMBA) - District 13
American Contract Bridge League
Calling all bridge students! Is your bridge teacher the best? Do you wish you could thank them in some way? How about an award? Those are always nice!
Go to the American Bridge Teachers' Association website for more information about the ABTA Teacher of the Year award, which is sponsored by Master Point Press, the Bridge Publisher.
This award is given to teachers who make a difference in their bridge community and in the lives of their students. Make sure that your teacher is eligible and show them how much you appreciate the work they put in to teaching you!
All teachers up for the award are nominated by students just like you.
The deadline to nominate is set in early 2014 and the ceremony to present the award will be at the ABTA's annual convention, held in Las Vegas this year.
"Like" the ABTA Teacher of the Year on Facebook and check the ABTAhome website to keep up to date on the latest in bridge teacher news.
Most recent changes to content at this web site
- Dec 7; the WUMBA web site will be at a new location starting in January (probably); check the District 13 web site for the new location
- Dec 7; scan of flyer for Marquette August 2014
- Dec 7; Madison and POY results through Madison; POY results are final pending any corrections
If you were not present on Saturday, some results for Friday afternoon were corrected; do not call George if you think your award was reduced
- Nov 11; results and player of year through La Crosse
- Nov 6; update for dates in Green Bay club
- Nov 4; flyer for USBF regional in Eau Claire in June 2014
- Oct 14; info from Diane Vaughan re GNT games in unit 149
- Sept 17; flyer for Ripon in January 2014
- Sept 16; flyer for Spring Madness sectional (in Monona WI)
- Aug 26; results for Harris regional
- July 28; flyer for Appleton Spring Sectional in April 2014
- May 5; WUMBA officers, board members, zone managers, and other members with assigned duties updated
- Apr 25; at request of IRS, form 990EZ for 2012 is now available at the governance link (Note: If you use Firefox, and the form seems to be blank, click on the "alternate viewer" button, and choose "Adobe")